Terms & Conditions
Jump To Topic:
Lease-To-Own Purchase Plan Overview
- All instrument leases are subject to this Lease-To- Own Purchase Plan (LTOPP) in which a portion of lessee’s (“you” or “your”) lease payments will go towards purchase of the instrument. Under the LTOPP, you are under no obligation to purchase the instrument.
- When beginning a new LTOPP, a trial lease period must be selected.
- There are no refunds for early termination of a lease.
- The Liability Protection Plan (LPP) coverage does not provide a replacement instrument in the event of damage or theft. If another instrument is required, you must complete another LTOPP application.
- If you wish to cancel your lease you must first notify Russo Music to obtain a return authorization form. Failure to do so may result in voiding your LTOPP lease.
- For the duration of the lease until the instrument is paid in full, the instrument will remain the property of Russo Music. In the event you declare bankruptcy, Russo Music retains title and ownership of the leased instrument and the instrument must be returned to Russo Music immediately.
- By providing a payment method, you authorize Russo Music to charge the appropriate trial lease fee for the corresponding lease period.
- If the leased instrument has not been returned at the end of the trial lease period, you authorize Russo Music to automatically issue a recurring monthly charge to the provided credit or debit card for the appropriate monthly lease renewal fee as well as the monthly charge for the LPP (if selected) until the leased instrument has been returned.
- Recurring monthly charges will continue for the duration of time that the instrument is in your possession, OR until the beginning of another lease or until the instrument is either paid in full.
- It is your responsibility to notify Russo Music of any changes that would hinder Russo Music’s ability to properly bill your account. (For example: credit card expiration, issuance of a new credit card number, changes to personal information such as billing address or phone number, etc.)
- A check returned for non-sufficient funds is subject to a $35 fee.
- If you do not wish to include a credit or debit card for payment of your trial lease and recurring monthly payments, you may pay with cash or check. At the end of the trial lease period you will receive a monthly statement for recurring monthly payments.
- If you do not wish to include a credit or debit card for payment of your trial lease and recurring monthly payments, you may pay with cash or check, however you must pay an additional security deposit. The security deposit amount varies depending on the instrument group. See below for the appropriate security deposit amount:
INSTRUMENT GROUP SECURITY DEPOSIT AMOUNT
Group One: $200, Group Two: $300, Group Three: $450, Group 4: $575
- Please note that no instruments will be issued without either a valid credit or debit card number or a security deposit.
- Security deposits will be refunded within 4-6 weeks of the return of the leased instrument pending inspection of the instrument.
- In the event an account is placed with an external collection agency, Russo Music shall reserve the right to apply all of, or a portion of, the security deposit towards the balance due on your account.
- Please note: The Security Deposit option is not available for online rentals.
Past Due Accounts
- In addition to the trial lease payment, inclusion of your credit or debit card authorizes Russo Music to automatically charge monthly payments as well as any late charges incurred.
- If payment is not received within 10 days of the due date, a $5 late charge will be applied to the account.
- All options for exchanges and maintenance will be suspended until any past due balance is paid in full.
- In the event your account is 60 or more days past due, Russo Music reserves the right to:
- reclaim the instrument without notification to you and/or
- place the account with an external collection agency.
- Accounts placed with an external collection agency will be billed for the remaining balance to own the instrument as well as late fees, past due amounts and any applicable collection fees up to 30%.
Your Responsibility To Your Leased Instrument
Under the LTOPP, you assume responsibility for the safekeeping of the instrument. Russo Music will not be responsible for the following:
- Instruments left at school for return, repair or exchange without proper notification to Russo Music.
- Instruments lost due to negligence or theft. Any instrument lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair is your responsibility. In such an event, you will be billed for the full value of the instrument less any accumulated credit.
- Exchanging one instrument for another can only be done within the initial 12 months of your lease. If the exchange is made within the initial 12 month period, all equity towards purchase will be credited towards the secondary instrument.
- If exchanging one instrument in a price group to another instrument in a higher price group, the difference in price must be paid prior to the exchange taking place.
- If exchanging one instrument in a price group to another instrument in a lower price group, any balance will be applied towards the purchase of the lower-priced leased instrument.
- When leasing string instruments, size exchanges can be made at any time so long as the account is paid and current with no past due balances. This policy only applies to the same instrument type.
Maintenance of Your Leased Instrument
A maintenance charge of $3 per month is included in both your trial lease fee as well as the monthly renewal upon continuation of the lease. Routine maintenance of your leased instrument is covered as part of the LTOPP.
In order for maintenance coverage to be applicable the following criteria must be met:
- Required maintenance must be due to normal wear & tear.
- Accounts must be paid current and without late fees.
- Russo Music must be notified immediately of required maintenance.
- All repairs must be completed by a Russo Music technician.
Liability Protection Plan On Our Rental Instrument
When enrolled in the LPP, you will not be held liable for theft of the instrument or accidental damage that falls outside of routine maintenance so long as the following criteria is met:
- Payment for the LPP must be made at the time of your trial lease. LPP prices vary depending upon the instrument being leased and the duration of the trial lease period.
LPP fee for 5 month lease:
Group 1: $10, Group 2: $20, Group 3 & 4: $24
LPP fee for 10 month lease:
Group 1: $20, Group 2: $30, Group 3 & 4: $38
LPP fee for 1 month lease or at the end of the trial lease the LPP fee attached with your monthly rental fee will be as follows:
Group 1: $5, Group 2: $7, Group 3 & 4: $10
- In the event of theft of the instrument, you must provide a police report within 72 hours of incident.
- The LPP is void if no police report is provided.
- The LPP covers the damage to or the theft of the leased instrument. Enrollment in the LPP does not provide a replacement instrument. If a leased instrument is stolen or damaged beyond repair and another instrument is required, you must complete a new lease agreement to obtain another instrument.
- In the event of theft or damage, LTOPP credits are not transferable to a new lease or instrument if a new lease is completed.
- Missing instruments left at school for return without first having notified Russo Music will not be covered by the LPP.
- The LPP is void in the event of past due accounts. The LPP will be reinstated if and when the account is brought current.
- Instruments damaged due to malicious or negligent behavior will not be covered under the LPP.
- ALL REPAIRS MUST BE COMPLETED BY RUSSO MUSIC.
Purchasing Your Leased Instrument
Enrolling in the LTOPP entitles you to certain discounts for the purchase of the instrument that you are leasing.
The discount breakdown is as follows:
- 20% DISCOUNT: Customers who purchase a rental instrument are entitled to a 20% discount off the remaining balance to own the instrument, as well as one year of routine maintenance service from the date of purchase.
- Lease accounts having been placed with an external collection agency are ineligible for early payoff discounts.
- For outright purchases, forgoing the lease program, please contact Russo Music for availability and pricing.
By taking possession of the instrument, you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions.